Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » TNT2 Ultra / Q3 TA framerate problem

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TNT2 Ultra / Q3 TA framerate problem
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 01-09-2001 08:43 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a P3 700/256MB with a TNT2 (our video processing computer). Using default settings and Grimm's reg tweak, I'm getting a weird-ass problem w/ frame rates in Q3. To wit:
When stationary and staring at an area with no other movement (players, etc.), the frame counter will show from 6 to 28 FPS, CYCLING from 25-28 down to 6-7 incrementally and then quickly dropping back to 25-28 in the course of maybe a second or two. This is at 800x600 with 1024x768 even more drastic. It's almost like the RAM on the card is filling up then dumping. The Cel 400's w/ old TNTs aren't having this problem, showing frame rates of 20-25 practically regardless of the action rendered.

Bad tweaks on this unit or just a bad card ?

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 01-09-2001 10:08 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Umm, im not too sure about stuff with dual procs, but maybe...

Have you got /r_smp "1" on in Q3?

I cant really think of anything else, DOH!

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gladiator
Sarge
Member # 2271

Rate Member

posted 01-09-2001 11:04 AM     Profile for Gladiator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems to be an NVidia problem, I've felt it myself with a GeForce2 GTS.
Posts: 99 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com