next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » Surround Sound

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Surround Sound
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 06-10-2002 05:51 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a set of surround sound speakers and just wondering if there is ne way to enable it in Quake3? UnrealTournament has SS but quake3 doesn't seem to have it. Thx in Advance.
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
DGhost
Sarge
Member # 2704

Member Rated:

posted 06-11-2002 11:47 AM     Profile for DGhost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quake 3 is EAX compliant. So the surround sound is working. I've got a soundblaster value with 4 speakers and it's in surround sound. But it's not dolby digital 5.1 or dts compliant.

--------------------

DGhost

"Everybody knows Rocket Launchers have proximity safety sensors that lockdown the firing mechanism to prevent point blank use, not my fault, stupid game."

Posts: 514 | From: Montreal | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 06-11-2002 09:02 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm... I didn't know quake3 had ingame EAX... Unless ur talking about assigning a preset for it then i will try that.. I played UT and u can hear footsepts and stuff where they are actually in teh game. In quake3 if a rocket was fired in front of me and went behind it stayed on the front speakers. In UT the sound would transfer from the front to the back. I have a SB live Xgamer and a 4 speakers system. All 4 speakers work with it but just the positioning isn't there for real time sound. Or im just not hearing it as clear as in UT.
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
DGhost
Sarge
Member # 2704

Member Rated:

posted 06-12-2002 08:13 AM     Profile for DGhost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mmmmm well to be honest it has been 3 months since I've played Quake 3 (my gaming deck is dead :P) but I can definitively say that the EAX surround is working in Quake 3 since I've got with the four speaker and when I was playing I could hear everybody walking around in surround. I just don't remember if there was a setting to enable for that in the game to setup the surround sound. Have you checked all the options in the menu?

--------------------

DGhost

"Everybody knows Rocket Launchers have proximity safety sensors that lockdown the firing mechanism to prevent point blank use, not my fault, stupid game."

sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 06-13-2002 09:54 AM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea I even looked through all the console commands. Nothing there for that from what I seen... tried a few things but just resulted in having to reinstall quake3. I dunno ill try it again. I get sound from all 4 speakers just not well... for example..
If someone is behind me the sound of them still comes from the front speakers... I dunno ill have to try it again. Its plain as day in UT. arg... Thx for all the help though.

DGhost
Sarge
Member # 2704

Member Rated:

posted 06-13-2002 10:05 AM     Profile for DGhost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check your cfg file to see if you don't have reverse stereo enable.. hahahahaha

--------------------

DGhost

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com