next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » CPU

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CPU
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 12-20-2001 10:07 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just wondering. This is my situation.
I bought a A7V133-C mobo from asus. With a 1.33ghz Athlon. Ok now.. I set everything up correctly. Then when i hit the power it just sits there and does nothing. All the power comes on but nothing happens on the screen. I know the vid card i have works (Geforce3). Just wondering if it could possibly be the power supply or just the cpu is crap and i should sent it back for a refund.

Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-21-2001 01:44 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any beebing from the system speaker, when it tries to boot?

Obviously you allready have already rechecked all the connection you've made etc.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 12-22-2001 02:46 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was only 1 instance that the computer beeped. It let out 2 high pitched beeps. Then nothing after that. I sent the parts back and they are sending me new ones. More then likly the Mobo or Processor was damaged during shiping. Now i got to wait another week.
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-23-2001 11:05 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, well nothing more to do than to wait then. You should check the mobo manual for what the beebs mean, unless you get the usual one followed by a sucesfull boot.
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 12-25-2001 09:23 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea it blows... Friggin last time I order sensitive stuff like that online.
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-27-2001 03:43 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well depends on the price and it can take some patience. Then again I've noticed that patience is a real virtue when building a system.
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 12-27-2001 12:45 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea it is when someone BOUGHT my old parts... if i soon don't get them im out a lot of cash. Or im out a computer.
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 12-27-2001 11:02 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's one reason why I am a firm believer in supporting your local mom and pop computer store. You might pay a bit more but there's only a fraction of the wait if any at all plus your bucks stay in your community. Plus you have local tech support if needed. Hell, where I buy everything, if I get in a real bind I can just walk in with mine and throw it on the bench and show the guy what's screwed up. I only had to do this once but it was a helluva lot easier than sending it away and trying to explain stuff over the phone or in an email.
But you can ignore this, I'm just rambling.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-28-2001 01:51 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How very true, I also try to support the smaller stores whenever I can. That way I can partially ensure that there will be competition among the local stores and the bigger chains will not get all the bussiness.
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-28-2001 08:59 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Always support your mom and pop shop...they are always there for you. Someone you can put a face to...and more easily trust than some faceless entity in god knows where. Tomorrow....weeee.... AthlonXP 1900+ and Asus v8220 T5 GeForce3 Ti500 Deluxe WEEEE..can't wait
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-30-2001 07:19 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
< envy > lucky bastard < /envy >
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 12-31-2001 05:25 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
beeping can be caused by a lotta shit
vid card seated incorrectly
even faulty ram

u can do a search on google for computer beeps
or computer start up beeps
and you should be able to see what's going on

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com