next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » AGP4X

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AGP4X
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 12-12-2001 12:34 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey I bought a Geforce3 TI-200 card but can't seem to get my board to go to 4x mode. I set it to 4x in the bios but when i install the drivers for the vid card and then look in the information it sais:
Bus Type: 4x Current Rate (1x)
Do ne one know how to get it to 4x mode?
System Specs are:
P3-733-133mhz System Bus. SECC2
Geforce3-TI 200 4x AGP
Asus P3V4X Mobo

The board does support 4x AGP and i installed the GART drivers and the 4 in 1 drivers for the Motherboard. I also installed the Special 4x AGP Drivers but can't seem to get the card to run at 4x AGP.

Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 12-13-2001 03:14 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
funny how you forget to mention your OS.

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 12-13-2001 03:56 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
: ). Win98. Pretty standard for a OS i think but i know i should of included it. But i managed to get it to run at 4x but it didn't make ne sense. I installed the Via4 in 1 drivers like 3 times but it never worked. Then... when i enabled AGP Fast Writes it worked. Weird.
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com