next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » Vid Card

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vid Card
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 06-26-2001 08:35 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey. Ne one know where to find cheap prices for Vid cards? (Canadian). Might get a new vid card. Even though I don't know what to get... ne one have suggestions? I was going to get a GF3 but after seeing how much it is it would take 4 paychecks. LoL. : )
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-01-2001 06:16 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i like to go here www.pricewatch.com

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-01-2001 08:10 PM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sweet site grumpy... its not in canadian though.
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

currency exchange. and if u plan on buying stuff from the USA and u live in canada, here's an AWESOME canadian e-buyer tool: http://www.borderfree.com/

i used it to buy a cd player online. it converts the prices of american products online to Canadian dollars. then ships it to u. its cool... read up on it.

and im planning on getting a GF3 as well. they are pricey right now, but if ur in no hurry, get a gf2...that'll get u by for now, then once the GF3 prices go down (they will), grab 'em. i personally am going straight for the GF3, cuz its an investment for future games that will utilize the new features of the card. but for now, the gf2 ultra is still a very powerful card. and if ur a h4rdc0re gamer, go for the GF3

lol. sorry, its jsut that im all excited about getting a computer, and ive read 100s of reviews and shit on almost every component. from cases to mobos to heatsinks.

hope that helps.

Posts: 731 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 07-02-2001 09:40 AM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thx. I will take a look at those sites. The GF3 is like $649 CND. . My voodoo5 now (surprisingly) is still running the new games with full detail. I got Tribes2 expecting it to run shitty but i can run it perfectly. hehe. I may just save up and get a GF3 in the near future though... or a new mobo and processor to push my Voodoo5 a bit more.
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-02-2001 03:37 PM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
actually, at pricewatch gf3 is almost $100 cheaper. the Asus v8200 deluxe (deluxe..NOT pure) is around $550. retails aruond $650.
Posts: 731 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com